Several ponderings so far…It has now been 1 whole month since we started travelling and I have learnt a lot of things along the way. Below I have some general thoughts and ponderings that other people might find interesting and/or amusing.
- If you go tramping ensure you have shoes other than your tramping boots. Going around camp sites barefoot is not fun.
- You can start a conversation with almost anyone by saying “So where are you from?”
- Doing a 4 day tramp for the first time is an extreme shock to your body.
- The human body is extremely adaptable. It can get used to extreme shock reasonably quickly.
- Everyone staying at holiday parks are usually also on vacation so they are all in a constant “happy mood”. The exception I have noticed are the backpackers on massive buses like the Kiwi Experience. I have yet to see any of them smile or have any expression other than “sulk”. Maybe it’s the bus? or the hectic schedule?
- Use hammers the correct way when pushing in tent pegs. Otherwise nasty accidents can happen.
- You are completely at the mercy of the weather. Mother Nature knows you are its bitch and treats you accordingly.